Welcome to the May Carnival of Natural Parenting: Role model
This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting hosted by Code Name: Mama and Hobo Mama. This month our participants have waxed poetic about how their parenting has inspired others, or how others have inspired them. Please read to the end to find a list of links to the other carnival participants.
i often find myself wondering how i got here, smack dab on the path of natural parenting, halfway to hippyville, and wholly outside the mainstream of southern ohio.
i still feel like a newcomer to this natural parenting community. my baby is wee and i'm a first time mom. as i read around my #CarNatPar peers i'm often both inspired and intimidated. you know things i haven't learned yet. you're so much more experienced, more "natural", more earthy. as far as i have come on my natural parenting journey this also brings to the forefront that by some people's standards i barely belong here at all. i skirt the fence between two worlds in many ways.
what!? huh?! where am i? what am i doing?
i can definitely say that you inspire me. i'm constantly sending jon articles and links and posts i've found, what about this? what about this? what do you think of this idea? pushing learning and growing crunchier by the day. finding my own path through this madness and weeding out ideas, things that i never would have found out about if i hadn't discovered the existence of groups like this.
in my real life outside the computer i feel more isolated in my parenting choices than ever. the only sweet joy i've been able to spread so far has been through babywearing. i get TONS of comments everywhere we go about the slings we use and i love to guide people towards ring slings and mei tai's and mobys with an awesome positive example. outside that- solitude, aside from the glorious blessing that is jude's also-totally-crunchy attachment parenting babysitter.
it's hard to say if i've provided inspiration for anyone. online here i have a wide readership. there are plenty of friends out there reading who haven't made "natural parenting" choices. regardless of where you fall on the spectrum i hope i'm inspiring you to parent with your heart. make the choices that feel right for yourself and your family, and JOG ON to anybody who disagrees. parent with pride. own your choices. we can all do this differently and still be doing it right. i hope that i've inspired people on the fringe to jump the fence and dive in to something they were afraid to try but were curious about. i hope i've inspired people to at least look beyond the world of babycenter and the mainstream and know there are so many other options out there.
what do you think, readers? have i inspired you?
***Visit Code Name: Mama and Hobo Mama to find out how you can participate in the next Carnival of Natural Parenting! Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
- Woman Seeking Inspiration (@seekingmother)
- Paving the Way (@tisworthwhile)
- No Rules Without Reason (@jenwestpfahl)
- Creating a Culture of Positive Parenting Role Models (@TheParentVortex)
- Making A Difference for Mamas
- Inspiring Snowflakes (@kitchenwitch)
- Paying it Forward (@AmberStrocel)
- A SAHD's View on Parenting Role Models (@tessasdad)
- Am I a Role Model? A Review (@ScienceMum)
- Say Something Good (@RaisingBoychick)
- Try, Try Again
- I'm a Parenting Inspiration, Who Knew? (@starrymom)
- That Little Thing (@BlkWmnDoBF)
- How Has Your Day Been? (@myzerowaste)
- No, Thank You! (@MamanADroit)
- My Top 3 Natural Parenting Principles (@DebChitwood)
- Rest. Is it even possible? (@feministbirther)
- May Carnival of Natural Parenting: Role model (@Hobo_Mama)
- crunchspiration (@thegrumbles)
- No Extra Inspiration Required (@zoeyspeak)
- Upstream Parenting (@diaryfirstchild)
- Parenting Advice for the Girl from Outer Space (@MommySoup)
- Natural Parenting Carnival — Role Model (@ConsiderEden)
- May Carnival of Natural Parenting: Role Model (@CodeNameMama)
- Inspiration Goes Both Ways (@bfmom)
- My Seven (@borninjp)
- A Quiet Example
- Gentle Discipline Warrior (@babydust)
- Change The World... One Parent At A Time (@mamapoekie)
- Inspirational Parenting (@pchanner)
- My Inspiration (@babybeatnik)
- My Hope for a Better Life
- Natural Parenting Felt Natural (@sheryljesin)